Radio Enabled Learning
1. To offer a two credit Diploma course through Certification of Sri Sankara Arts & Science College (Autonomous), Affiliated to university of Madras.
2. To Provide a study on the Concept and history of Community Radio under Creative commons licence.
3. To Provide content in a simple accessible audio format through local spoken language – i.e., Tamil language, to all those interested in Community Media.
4. To make the course available in the audio material to all radio stations especially the community ones free of Cost for broadcast.
5. To provide interactivity and evaluate the skills using digital technology.
1. This course is open to all, but will be of most benefit to practitioners of Community Radio, Educational Media as well as students of Journalism and Mass Communication.
2. The Course is designed and developed as a two credit course which will take eight weeks (Two Months) to complete. The course is offered with teaching through the audio medium with print playing supplementary role. At the end of the course registered participants will be required to do a project work, followed by a viva voce, and to take an exam through audio files. Evaluation and Certification will be given by the College.
3. Registration: Please log on to www.sankaracollege.edu.in to register the course https://forms.gle/hhXR3mAUosybwsRt7. To study the course in Hindi, please log on to university.apeejay.edu.
4. Course Sponsor: CEMCA. Design and Development: Dr.R.Sreedher, Former Director, CEMCA, New Delhi and Dr.Manas ranjan Panigrahi, Programme Officer, CEMCA, New Delhi.
- CHAPTER 1 - HISTORY OF AIRWAVES AND EVOLUTION OF RADIO
- CHAPTER 2 - COMMUNITY RADIO THROUGH A GOVERNANCE LENS
- CHAPTER 3 - RESEARCH AND ANALYSIS FOR COMMUNITY RADIO
- CHAPTER 4 - HOW TO SETUP A COMMUNITY RADIO STATION
- CHAPTER 5 - FORMATS FOR RADIO PROGRAMMES
- CHAPTER 6 - FINANCIAL SUSTAINABILITY
- CHAPTER 7 - COMMUNITY RADIOS OF DIFFERENT REGIONS IN INDIA
- CHAPTER 8 – CHALLENGES